As an Embedded Software Developer, you work closely with the CTO of a young and innovative company. You will actively participate and contribute to the development of innovative embedded applications for an energy management system that will be deployed worldwide.
Data aggregation from different sources (digital IO, bus, and wireless protocols) holds no secrets for you. You can use your experience to create and implement control algorithms for building techniques (BMS). You look for creative solutions to achieve the intended specifications of the application.
You report directly to the CTO.
- Development of the new embedded application. Our programmable gateway is the heart of our installation. The latest version of this gateway needs new embedded software. Writing the new software from scratch but also maintain some backwards compatibility with older versions will be part of your daily challenges.
- Maintenance of the new application. After some iterations, the embedded application has taken its form, this doesn’t mean you job is finished. New protocols and end nodes will be developed and added to the gateway.
- Continuous improvement of control algorithms. Smart control.
- Continuous improvement of wireless transmission algorithms & power management. Daft Punked said it: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger BUT with less battery! Make it work!
- Take first steps in machine learning. Make the gateway as smart as possible, so smart that it can learn itself some behavioural patterns.
- On-board device recognition. Improve the plug and play functionality of all our connected devices.
- Behaviour mapping. Predict behaviour.
- Set-up API with backend. Gather data from similar situations, similar gateways, similar buildings and make decisions based on them.
- You are experienced in C and C++, Node-Red, embedded power management, scheduling, and memory management, embedded recourse management, Network security principles, Ethernet stack, LPWAN technologies.
- Debugging skills using oscilloscope and logic analyzers.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a developer.
- You are based in Belgium, and you are fluent in English. Dutch is not a must but a nice-to-have.
- You are flexible and can adapt easily to changing work environment or strategy.
- You are eager to learn, you dare ask questions and you share your knowledge with us.
- You are driven, dynamic. You like being involved in analyzing new features, optimizing the code, implementing bug fixes, identifying risks, integrating feedback from engineers and technicians.
- You can work independently within a given framework.
- You are communicative and have great interpersonal skills.
- You feel closely involved with energy / environment topics.
- A hybrid way of working (3 days at the office and 2 days working from home).
- A full-time fixed contract in a growing company within a dynamic, young team with a great deal of innovative spirit.
- We offer a competitive salary package, including extralegal benefits, such as: laptop, GSM monthly subscription, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization & group insurance and last but not least- extra vacation days.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we seem like a good match, we quickly jump into action. Starting with an introduction (face-to-face or virtually).